The COVID-19 pandemic, and the fear and isolation that often come with it, can be overwhelming to adults and children. You may worry about your health or financial situation, and may experience changes in sleep or eating patterns, worsening of health problems, including mental health problems, or increased substance use.
Finding a healthy way to cope with stress will make you and the people you care about, stronger. Some of the best ways to cope with stress are:
- Know what to do and who to contact if you get sick.
- Take care of your emotional health.
- Take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news stories.
- Exercise regularly, eat healthy meals, and get plenty of sleep.
- Connect with others in a safe way.
More information on how people react to stress, how to copy with stress and anxiety, and what to do in an emergency is available from the CDC at Coping with Stress.