Whitehouse Centers for Disease Control and Prevention US Department of Homeland Security - Federal Emergency Management Agency

I no longer have the bank account that I used for direct deposit on my tax return it. Can I change it using Get My Payment?

If the bank account is closed, the bank will reject the deposit and you will be issued your payment to the address we have on file for you. If our Get My Payment application indicates your payment has been processed, you cannot change your bank account information.

Last updated April 24, 2020
Source: Internal Revenue Serviceslinks to external site

See also: Financial help