- Stay in touch with your child’s school.
- Many schools are offering lessons online (virtual learning). Review assignments from the school, and help your child establish a reasonable pace for completing the work. You may need to assist your child with turning on devices, reading instructions, and typing answers.
- Create a schedule and routine for learning at home, but remain flexible.
- Consider the needs and adjustment required for your child’s age group.
- The transition to being at home will be different for preschoolers, K-5, middle school students, and high school students. Talk to your child about expectations and how they are adjusting to being at home versus at school.
- Look for ways to make learning fun.
For more information, see Help Children Learn at Home.