What should I do if I've been exposed to COVID-19, but do not yet know if I've been infected?
If you have had close contact with an infected person, stay home for 14 days and maintain social distance (at least 6 feet) from others at all times.
- Self-monitor for symptoms.
- Check temperature twice a day.
- Watch for fever, cough, or shortness of breath, or other symptoms of COVID-19.
- Avoid contact with people at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19.
- If symptoms develop, contact your health provider and follow CDC guidance.
For more information about how to protect yourself, see the CDC’s How to Protect Yourself & Others.